If you would like to share stories, ideas and suggestions; be featured on mzansipreneur (see procedure below), enquire about advice and mentorship on business strategy and execution, entrepreneurial finance, organisational effectiveness and economic policy or just chat…you can drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So you are a creator/entrepreneur/small business owner and you’d like to be featured on www.mzansipreneur.co.za? To be considered for the mzansiQ+A, please answer at least five questions below and e-mail us back your response. No essays, please keep your responses succinct. Email responses to email@example.com.
- Please tell us about yourself (founder/s, the people behind the venture).
- Please tell us about your products/services. [What do you produce/offer, what need are trying to meet with your products/service, what makes your product stand out in the market, why should customers buy from you?]
- Where do you manufacture the product that you offer (country)?
- Please tell us about your journey as an entrepreneur. Have you always wanted to become self-employed? What inspired you to become self-employed?
- Do you employ other people (if yes, how many)?
- Do you think that entrepreneurs are supported and encouraged in South Africa? Please share your thoughts on the business environment as it has impacted on your business.
- What have been the major challenges you have confronted in setting up and running your business?
- Do you compete with any major corporates (or state institutions)? If so, what has the experience of competing with “giants” taught you?
- Do you compete with products/services from other countries (imports)? If so, how is your product differentiated from these imports?
- Do you export your products/services to other countries? If so, what have you learnt from the experience of competing internationally?
- What has been your funniest moment to date in business?
- What are the achievements you are most proud of?
- Are you looking to raise finance in the next six months? How much?
- Where do you see your business in 5 years’ time? And 20 years’ time?
- If you ran things (the country, a province, a government department), what changes in policy or legislation would you make to improve the business environment?
- Anything else you would like to share with our readers? (including upcoming events, promotions etc.)?
Do send us any pictures, graphics and videos that you would like to accompany the story, with copyright details (i.e. whom to credit).
Many thanks for your participation.